Maintenance of Solar panels
Exon Consulting offers a free 1 year maintenance period with all of our contracts to ensure you receive the highest energy efficiency from your new panels
Why do I need solar panel maintenance?
Solar panels are wonderfully reliable – so reliable in fact, that it makes sense to have a solar panel maintenance contract. Why? Because in the business of your day to day affairs, you may just forget that they are there as they work away at generating free electricity. Although solar panels don’t need a lot of maintenance they do need some – to make sure that they are generating at their maximum efficiency.
What is involved in a solar panel maintenance contract?
Every system and client has different requirements, but here is an example of the service levels provided:
- Annual cleaning to keep effiencies maximised, especially where bird soiling or atmospheric pollution has degraded the surface of the panel.
- Visual inspection of all panels
- Photovoltaic module string tests
- Inverter system checks
- Junction box, isolator, distribution board and cabling inspection
- Meter check
- Labelling/schematic check
- Energy production analysis
- Voltage and current check
- Production of maintenance report
- Roof condition alert
- Replacement and repair of faulty items
So how much does this cost?
We don’t charge the earth for what is normally a straighforward, albeit technical task, and you will find our rates very competitive, and any contract over a period of years is pegged to the retail price index to help you forecast costs.
We also offer maintenance on current systems. To give you an idea on maintenance of a commercial solar panel system can start from as much as R8750 per year. Give us a call for free advice and a no obligation quote.